Grey’s Anatomy is back for season 18, and we couldn’t be more excited. The show has been on the air since 2005, and it seems like every week there is a new episode that leaves us wanting more. There are many different storylines to look forward to throughout this season, but here are some of the latest updates you need to know about.
Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Release Date:
The next season will begin on ABC in the United States on Thursday, September 30. Because of licensing restrictions, the release date here in the United Kingdom is generally several months later.
Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Cast Details:
We’d anticipate seeing all of the following return for season 18:
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Camilla Luddington as Dr. Jo Wilson
- Kelly McCreary as Dr. Maggie Pierce
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
- Jake Borelli as Dr. Levi Schmitt
- Chris Carmack as Dr. Atticus “Link” Lincoln
- Richard Flood as Dr. Cormac Hayes
- Anthony Hill as Dr. Winston Ndugu
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery
- Alex Landi as Dr. Nico Kim
- Jaicy Elliot as Dr. Taryn Helm
- Peter Gallagher as Dr. Alan Hamilton
- Zaiver Sinnett as Dr. Zander Perez
- Sylvia Kwan as Dr. Mabel Tseng
- Abigail Spencer as Dr. Megan Hunt
- Kate Burton as Dr. Ellis Grey
Keep an eye on what season 18 has in store for you when you see it.
What will it be about?
The creative team behind the program has always been tight-lipped about what we may anticipate, but after 17 seasons, you know the drill. And there will undoubtedly be some unanticipated twists and turns to keep you on your toes.
“That’s not going to change. There are only two ways out of it. One is, I’m just going to let him off with a warning and then have some stuff happen in the finale that will make it obvious what we’re doing,” said Vernoff.
As soon as we and Vernoff know the show’s future, we’ll keep you informed, so bookmark this page for all of the latest news and scoops.
Ahead of time, ABC Signature President Jonnie Davis said (via Deadline):
“Showrunner Krista Vernoff and the team are really digging deep to find out what it looks like. We are noodling ideas,” Riggs continues. “And I’m dying to show the next phase of Grey’s Anatomy once we’ve decided what that is. We’ll discover the next version that will last for another 18 years. For now, we’re focusing on things, and there aren’t many better brains than Krista and Shonda
Naturally, fans began wondering if a spinoff is planned, but Davis later denied it: “There are no discussions about a Grey’s Anatomy spinoff right now.”
“We are completely concentrated on producing Season 18, with terrific Krista Vernoff at the wheel, and Ellen Pompeo leading our cast and co-executive producing. I only wanted to offer my support for Shonda’s wonderful concept as the leader of ABC Signature.”
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?