How House Of The Dragon Is Different From Game Of Thrones
At first glance, “Game Of Thrones” and “House Of The Dragon” seem to share a lot of similarities. Both feature gritty characters embroiled in complex conflict, with dragons and knights in prominent roles. But there are a few key differences that set these two stories apart from one another: the use of magic and self-sacrifice.
What is shown in the “Game Of Thrones” series?
“Game Of Thrones” is based on the book series “A Song of Ice and Fire,” written by George R.R. Martin and published in 1996. The story details the lives of several families from different parts of Westeros as they fight for power, control, and honour in an attempt to establish their own kingdoms. Many characters from the books are featured as main or supporting characters in “Game Of Thrones,” including Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow, King Robert Baratheon, and Cersei Lannister.
What is the story of “House Of The Dragons”?
The House Of The Dragons series takes place in a mythical land called Westeros in the past, approximately 172 years before the events shown in Game Of Thrones. House Targaryen had just won a long and bloody war against seven rival Houses and was at the height of its power, with King Aegon I known as “The Conqueror”, having unseated six other monarchs. The series follows House Targaryen as it fights for succession on the death of King Aegon I Targaryen. Targaryens are powerful dragon riders who rule over Westeros from their castle at King’s Landing, with dragon lords ruling over vast swathes of territory.
How are both of the series similar to each other?
“House of the Dragons” (HOTD) and “A Game of Thrones” both share these common plot points:
- Tyrion Lannister slavery plot plan (except in HOTD it’s not important, but in GOT it is).
- Prince Joffrey is a special child.
- Robert Baratheon plot plan except in HOTD it was also not important, but in GOT it was.
- Daenerys Targaryen plot plan. Except that she is a weak leader who loses her army and ship and has to leave Westeros without any powers (though she could have stayed with her dragon at Targaryen castle – that would have been cool).
How are both of the series different from each other?
“Game Of Thrones” and “House Of The Dragon” differ in several ways:
- No dragons, no special powers, and magic. In GOT there are many characters with magic powers, but no such thing exists in HOTD (because it’s a prequel so magic was not invented yet).
- There is no self-sacrifice. In GOT many people die for others, like Ned Stark’s death for his son Robb Stark who became King of the North. Many other interesting things like this happen in GOT.
- No nudity – hot scenes which are very common in GOT are not present in HOTD (actually no sex scenes because it’s a prequel, but main characters could have sex).
What do fans think about both of the series?
This is what one GOT fan has to say: “Best series ever made. In the first season, there were only 6 episodes but it was very interesting and it did not have very good ratings. But then in the second season, it became popular and it had more than 10 millions of people watching.” Another GOT fan says: “It is a fantastic show. One of the best series ever made.” HOTD fans prefer HOTD to GOT because HOTD is much more realistic and because no magic is involved in HOTD while in GOT magic plays a huge role (except that self-sacrifice thing). Also, in GOT many main characters die, except that in HOTD everyone lives forever (because it’s a prequel).
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Pauline Phoenix from Paranormal Park Is a Terrifying Villain
Our favorite ghost train is back for another season of screaming and thrills. That is, of course, if you’ve got...
The release date for the Evil Dead Remake 4K Ultra HD Collector Edition has been announced
If you love horror and gore, you’re probably excited for the upcoming release of the Evil Dead remake. The fourth...
The Righteous Gemstones Season 2 : Releasing soon on HBO!
The Righteous Gemstones Season 2 is a black comedy that follows the life of The Gemstone Family. The show stars...
Real Life Nightmare Season 3 : To be Released soon on HLN!!
Real Life Nightmare Season 3 is about to be released on HLN soon. The series represents dismal stories and personal...
Uncharted : Legacy of thieves review.
What is the plot of the story? The plot of the story is about Nathan Drake and his partner. Victor...