Aligners are dental tools used to correct misaligned teeth. It uses a series of small, movable rods to realign teeth in their proper position. They are generally less expensive than other dental treatments and are considered more comfortable than traditional braces. They are custom fit for each patient and can be worn for up to 12 months.
Amongst various aligners, clear aligners are a type of dental braces that use clear, plastic brackets to hold teeth in their correct position. They are usually used to correct minor misalignments in teeth and can be worn for anywhere from two to twelve months. These aligners are often less visible than traditional braces, and some people may find them more comfortable to wear.
How Does It Work?
Unlike traditional braces, aligners work by gently moving teeth into the correct position. This makes a popular choice for people who want to improve their smile without having to deal with the appearance of metal braces.
They are made from a transparent plastic material that fits over the teeth. They are custom-made to suit each individual’s mouth and can be worn for up to 22 hours daily. One should change them every two weeks as the teeth move gradually into the desired position.
They are a potent way to straighten teeth and produce results in as little as six months. They are also removable, meaning they can be taken out for eating and brushing your teeth.
Benefits Of Aligners
- Comfort: Clear aligners are comfortable to wear. They fit snugly over your teeth and do not cause any irritation. This makes them an excellent choice for people who need to wear braces for an extended period.
- Discreet: They are hidden. They are made from transparent plastic that is virtually invisible when worn. This is a big plus for people who are self-conscious about their teeth. They can wear the aligners, and no one will even know they are working on their teeth.
- Practical: They are also effective in correcting misaligned teeth. They work by gently moving your teeth into the correct position, usually taking six to eight months. It is a popular choice for people who want to straighten their teeth without wearing metal braces.
Tips To Maintain The Aligners
Food And Drink
It’s crucial to avoid certain types of food and drink while wearing them. Sticky and chewy foods, like taffy or caramel, can get stuck in the aligners and cause them to become crooked. Also, acidic foods, like citrus fruits or tomatoes, can wear down the plastic of the aligners.
There are a few ways to maintain good oral hygiene while wearing them:
- Brush your teeth and floss at least once a day.
- Use a mouthwash that contains fluoride to help protect your teeth against cavities. Use a water flosser or irrigator to clean in between your teeth.
The first step in ensuring their alignment is correct is to have your dentist or orthodontist take an impression of your teeth. This copy will be used to create your custom aligners. Once you have received your aligners, it is essential to check their alignment before you begin wearing them.
To do this, place them in your mouth and close your teeth together as if biting down on them. The sides of the aligners should fit snugly against your teeth and should not move when you close your teeth together. If the alignment is not correct, return them to your dentist or orthodontist to have them adjusted.
It is essential to remove your aligners every day. For example, remove them before you eat, drink, or brush your teeth. You should remove them when you are going to bed.
To clean your aligners, you should use toothpaste and water. Brushing the aligners with toothpaste will be best, then rinse them with water.
Invisalign treatment is an excellent option for people who want to correct their misaligned teeth. They are comfortable to wear, discreet, and effective. They are the perfect choice if you’re unhappy with how your teeth look and want a straighter smile.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?