The first Avatar movie was released in 2009 and became the highest-grossing film of all time. The second one is set to be released in 2022, and fans are eagerly waiting for it! But what do we know about this sequel so far? We’ll give you everything you need to know about Avatar 2 right here!
Avatar 2 Release Date Details:
Cameron, who had stated in 2006 that he would like to make sequels to Avatar if it was successful, announced the first two sequels in 2010 following the widespread success of the first film. Avatar 2 aimed for a 2014 release.
Further complicating the development of the film, a further three sequels were subsequently released, and performance capture scenes underwater previously never achieved needed to be filmed.
The movie has been delayed eight times, the most recent of which was on July 23rd, 2020. It is planned to be released December 16th, 2022, with the following different sequels arranged; December 20th, 2024, December 18th, 2026, and finally on December 22nd, 2028.
Avatar 2 Premise and Plot Details:
Avatar 2 has ended with a cliffhanger, leaving Jake Sully and Neytiri to explore the different regions of Pandora due to an old threat returning.
New innovative technology is required for animating underwater scenes, which will be used heavily in Avatar sequels – it’s more about exploring Pandora and discovering new creatures than fighting with humans.
As the plot progresses, Jake Sully and Neytiri are threatened by an old threat who has returned to take over their home planet of Pandora.
Set several years after the events of Avatar, Sully is now a chieftain and Neytiri high priestess. The movie will apparently focus on their children.
We hear they’ll also be journeying beyond the environments of Pandora – into underwater and volcanic areas.
Avatar 2 Cast Details:
The cast members who will be playing as Navi are as follows:
- Sam Worthington as Jake Sully
- Zoe Saldana as Neytiri.
- CCH Pounder as Moat.
- Cliff Curtis as Tonowari.
- Jamie Flatters as Neteyam.
- Britain Dalton as Lo’ak.
- Trinity Bliss as Tuktirey (“Tuk”).
- Bailey Bass as Tsireya (“Reya”).
- Filip Geljo as Aonung.
- Duane Evans Jr. as Rotxo.
- Kate Winslet as Ronal.
- Winslet called Ronal “a pivotal character in the ongoing story,” but also “relatively small compared to the lengthy shoot,” as shooting all her scenes would only take a month.
The actors who will be playing as Humans are as follows:
- Giovanni Ribisi as Parker Selfridge.
- Joel David Moore as Dr. Norm Spellman.
- Dileep Rao as Dr. Max Patel.
- Matt Gerald as Corporal Lyle Wainfleet.
- Jack Champion as Javier “Spider” Socorro.
- Edie Falco as General Ardmore.
- Brendan Cowell as Captain Mick Scoresby.
- Michelle Yeoh as Dr. Karina Mogue.
- Jemaine Clement as Dr. Ian Garvin, a marine biologist.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?